I received a happy e-mail last night from one of my followers, haijin amin. I was informed that I was nominated for the one lovely blog award.
First off, my sincerest Thank you to Haijin. I was nominated by this poet and writer for the Lovely blog award. I am honored. and am happy to accept your nomination.
Haijin is a poet and writes poetry and text, especially a type of Japanese inspired poem called a “Haiku”. Such beautiful types of creativity remind me that art is full of remarkable expressions; He writes lovely poetry; she photographs, while yet a group of people do ballroom dance or hip hop. All are expressions of beauty and style.
I have two missions this morning, people. I have to nominate 15 deserving bloggers and… also, the nomination requires that I have to share 7 things about myself. On to the nominees. Of course, feel free to accept or even to (gently) decline. I know that some people choose not to not accept awards. Don’t worry about it ; I will understand.
My nominees for the Lovely blog award:
I now have to tell you 7 things about myself… That is what Haijin did on his post and I will do likewise.
7 things about me. This is all quite random.
1) My first “grown up” camera was a Polaroid type camera. It was a gift from my parents for my high school graduation. Very limited tech wise but for the 18-year-old I was it was fun and funky!
2) I love dark chocolate and so does one of my friends and readers, Ron. Which why we did a few moments of chocolate tasting when D & I met Ron in Philadelphia in 2008. Around a sinfully rich French chocolate gift. Oooohhh!!
3) I was born on the 9th day of the 9th month… But no, the year of my birth does not end in a 9.
4) My worst school classes had always been Math and Science. I remember 11th grade Chemistry; not only did I almost fail the class, I had a serious crush on my brainiac lab partner 🙂 .
5) I am what most the world calls of “mixed” ethnic heritage or what we call in Hawaii as being “hapa“(half) I love having a multiple ethnic culture.I am 1/4 Irish(and proud of it) and 1/4 Danish from my father; 1/2 Japanese from my mother.
6) I have a very old Saint Christopher medal (Catholic patron saint of travelers) from Mission Santa Barbara, in California. It was given to me by my Grandmother when I left California(birthplace) to move to Hawaii. I have kept this medal all these years, and it has accompanied me on many a trip. It is inside my camera backpack with my Nikon.
7) I started my first blog in 2006(now defunct) and Photo dreamin’ is my forth blog. I have no plans to do another one, because one blog is quite enough!
I am looking forward to seeing my nominee’s posts and reading about their “7 things”.
Cheers to all!